Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: recall list data misplaced (case 1747)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here are the requested files. We are using ml2008.1.22.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Brandon,

I just ran through your que a few times with the duration values set to 10 seconds instead of 180. Each time, I would do a combination of responses--sometimes pressing escape to end the recall list early, sometimes letting the time pass, and other times, answering all 12 for a given item. In these tests, the data did not fail to write--everything looked ok.

I'm not sure if the greater context of your experiment might be having an impact though. Can you try running your que (the one you attached) in a similar manner and see if you can get it to replicate the result? If not, we may need to look at what precedes or follows this questionnaire.

My other other question (sorry, forgot)--is what you found the same in the case of every data file--i.e., the .txt, .csv, and spss .sav files--and in both the byVariable and byQuestionnaire folders?

And one last thought--in case it's a possible cause, you have an earlier release of v2008. If you are able to reproduce the problem and I can't--it might help to update to the final release of v2008 (v2008.1.33) found at www.empirisoft.com/download_old.aspx.

Cannot replicate

I do get this problem in both the CSV and SPSS files for byQue, and byVariable (see attached zip file Au2010 NC...).

I also have tried to systematically replicate the problem using the Recall.que file in between the two questionnaires that it follows and precedes in the full experiment. However, I have not been able to replicate the problem using 30 different variations of responses (see attached zip file Au2010 test).

I will now try it with the updated final release of v2008.
    Attached Files Attached Files

DRT and ML versions

looks like we are using the most up to date versions of v2008 (ML 2008.1.33, and DRT 2008.1.13) and have used them all of last semester when we were having the problems. I now don't believe the version is the problem.

So just to be clear here, I understand that it is affect all of your data files which is very useful to know. And that it happens with the final release of v2008. What I'm not clear on is this:
    I also have tried to systematically replicate the problem using the Recall.que file in between the two questionnaires that it follows and precedes in the full experiment. However, I have not been able to replicate the problem using 30 different variations of responses (see attached zip file Au2010 test).
    I like the "I have not been able to replicate the problem" part but I'm not clear on the conditions under which you are NOT replicating. I had been wondering of you would see the issue occur if you just ran the recall que alone--is this part of what you are describing here? If not, are you describing conditions under which you can see the issue or not see the issue (e.g., turn the problem "on" or "off") depending on what questionnaires you place before and after it (esp re 30 variations). I'm going through the attachment but these are my first thoughts/questions.

One other comment--if it is the case that you found you cant replicate the problem without the greater surrounding experiment--can you discover how much of that greater experimental context you *can* take away and still reliably experience the problem? That is, can you find the "tipping point" at which the problem will or will not occur depending on some critical change you can make or item/parameter you can take away. That sort of thing is akin to the holy grail of what you could offer us from a problem solving perspective.