I need to preface this with an admission that I don't know why this would be happening unless Microsoft changed the communications from Windows MediaPlayer. MediaLab counts on specific event messages from the WMP in order to react accordingly--like proceeding to the next item.

Until we find a solid fix for this, I can suggest a few work-arounds.

1. Place a duration on the item that is approximately equal to the length of your video so that MediaLab can advance when the duration has lapsed, e.g., a parameter value of (d60) for 60 second video.

2. Embed the video within a PowerPoint file that is set to end when the clip ends. And then present the PowerPoint instead of the movie itself.

3. Call the Windows MediaPlayer (mplayer.exe) as an Executable item from MediaLab and pass it the name of the video file as a parameter. When it ends the user could continue on via the continue button in MediaLab. If this option interests you I can elaborate if need be.

4. Embed the video with an HTML item that would allow the subject to click continue at the end of the video.

Just some initial thoughts, but like I said, we'll also look into why this might be happening with Windows 7. Would be curious to hear if anyone finds the same thing on Vista or XP (loaded with a newer version of WMP perhaps?)