I forgot to add... The main reason why I am asking this is because I would like to run a DirectRT script within Medialab that will also send TTLs. I was hoping that the <value:location:duration> method would somehow work, so that I can simply use the location for the DirectRT script. However it seems that there isn't a location associated with the comport (maybe because it is virtual?) and so I want to figure out how/why the comport.txt method is working, and if I can somehow use that knowledge to send TTLs via DirectRT as well!

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by atran View Post
Hi Jason,

Yes that is correct. The signals are being sent from Medialab to our EEG recording program through our virtual port program and I am not sure how or why it is working. The <> parameter sends the signals, but not the values that I input- for example I placed the parameter <7> into one of my que files, and it is received in my program as 55.

I just wanted to know how the comport.txt file works, I have read through this guide:

http://www.empirisoft.com/medialab/h...htm#serialdata

But it seems to only be a basic overview of the file and discusses more of receiving data then sending it. Also just to note, changing the comPort parameter in the line:

comPort, baudRate, parity, dataBit, stopBit
1,19200,n,8,1

Seems to be important. That is, the virtual port program creates a virtual connection for, say, COM2 and COM4. I would setup my EEG recording program to COM4 so that it receives all data coming from COM2. Then I would go into the comport.txt file and change the first value in line 2 to the number 2, so that Medialab sends signals to COM2. Any other value would not work properly.

Finally, the version number is 2012.4.119

Hope that is enough information! Let me know if you need anything else.

Alex