Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: DirectRT is not creating a destination folder for data files (case 11400)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DirectRT is not creating a destination folder for data files (case 11400)

Hello, I am wondering if anybody can help. I have used DirectRT to run many studies and this week I encountered a strange problem. Usually when I run directRT (we have version 2012 on campus), it automatically creates a destination folder for the data. One one day it made the destination folder completely fine (and saved all data), but on the next day it did not. Therefore, a number of studies were run, but because a destination folder was not made, data were not recorded.

The strange thing is - this happens only when the study is run from a networked drive as opposed to a local drive on the PC. On the local drive the destination folder is created and the data are recorded, on the network drive the folder is not created (and data are not saved).

I have tested this on a number of different network accounts, and therefore it is not due to a problem with an individual network user account. I have also tested this with a number of different input files that have previously been used to (successfully) collect data on networked drives. What also is strange is that when you create the destination folder yourself (so that it has the same name as the input file, as DirectRT usually does it) - the data are saved on the networked drive.

The problem therefore seems to be with DirectRT having issues creating destination folders for data on networked drives as opposed to local drives. This is a problem that I have never encountered; I have always run studies from networked drives!

Some advice on what is going on would be kindly appreciated.
    Last edited by jason_reed; 11-08-2013 at 03:06 PM.