Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: no response & minmax value (case 453)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

no response & minmax value (case 453)

Hi, I'm programming a study where on some trials pushing the spacebar is needed to progress to the next trial. However, some trials require a no-response. Regardless of it they press a button or not, we want the stimuli to stay on the screen for 1500 ms. So I have the minmax range set as 0-1500. In the time column I have the following information "rt:57,-1,full" for trials that require a spacebar press. For trials that require no response I have "rt:-1,57,full". I also have the block numbers with negative signs so that info for each trial is recorded regardless if there is a response or not. The program runs perfectly until I press an incorrect key (i.e., give a "false alarm") -- meaning I press the spacebar on a trial that requires a no-response this causes the program to exit out of the current experiment without actually completing all of the trials. What am I doing wrong? I want it to allow spacebar as a valid key press, just noting that it was an incorrect response in the data file. Thank you.
    Last edited by jason_reed; 09-16-2014 at 01:31 PM.