Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Can't get movies to play

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [edited by moderator]

I am getting neither sound nor video. I've tried using avi and wmv. All the videos play in Windows Media Player just fine, but they won't play in Medialab. I get a white square until I press ESC.

I saw another thread http://www.empirisoft.com/Support/showthread.php?t=552) that seems to describe a similar problem as what I'm encountering, but whereas for that person the video sometimes plays, it doesn't at all for me. I can sometimes see an image that flashes for a second or less, but then the screen would go black, and then white, with no sound. I'd then have to press Ctrl + right arrow to move on.

So far, I have tried putting it in both the que and exp files. I've rebooted the computer and I'm the only one logged on. My MediaLab license is for v2004, and I'm running Vista. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
    Make sure you have "use enhanced video" turned off on the Preferences menu. First thing I would try is to run your files with some simple MPGs or AVIs to ensure it's not possibly related to the encoing of your particular video files. Another thing you can try is playing the clips as backvideos to another item.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 08-06-2007 at 06:02 AM.