I have been using MediaLab and DirectRT for about 6 years now and there is a frequent problem that I have never been able to solve. In studies that run DirectRT tasks from MediaLab, about 5%-10% of the data files are 1k size (only one row of headers appear, with no data), and it seems that the task was not presented to the participant at all.

Currently, it happens to me in an experiment that executes the DirectRT file from a questionnaire (i.e., a que file), but I am pretty sure that in the past it also happened when the DirectRT file was executed from the exp file.

Currently, the DirectRT file runs IAT, but it also happened with other tasks in the past.

Also, it is not a back-to-back DirectRT issue (the "executeDRT.exe is already running" problem). The version is v2008, the OS is Windows XP.

I used to think that perhaps some users press Esc, but why would they do that right at the beginning of the study (or else there would be more than 1 row)?

I thought that it might help to ask about it because I'm losing participants with almost each study I run because of that.