Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Incompatible resolution, color depth, color bits, colour buffer, etc. (case 17147)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes, I was able to replicate the error exactly as you described it when running your first task "operations task". I love errors I can replicate!!

OK, so of course I expected as you did that it had something to do with the Verdana font. But it turns out, at least here, that it was to do with screen resolution. I looked in your drt file and saw that you had the session set to run on 640x480 display mode. I wondered if perhaps Windows7 was tried of accommodating such an old (albeit classic) display mode. So I changed it to 800x600 and then 1024x768 and it ran great in both with no errors. Personally, I would suggest 1024x768 or larger for you as I saw that some of your images are larger than 800x600. Of course, you can go as high as you like. Anyways, try it out and see if that resolves it on your end as well.

Note--I wondered if you tried samples that were set to run in 800x600 or 1024x768 mode. And that if you had chosen one of the few set to run in 640x480 whether you would have seen the same error. I also noticed that on the display properties here on my MacBook Pro w/ Windows 7 that the minimum resolution it will allow me is 800x600. So that may be part of it too if your system has a lower limit higher than 640x480. Let me know how it goes!
    -Blair
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ah THANK YOU!
    It's working now, this is great.
    I had tried adjusting resolution and all that when I was still running it in XP Mode, guess I didn't do it in Windows 7. So many different little things that can go wrong, guess it takes an expert to figure it out, thank again!

Video error with DRT 2008 on windows 7

I admit to being an inexperienced user of the program. I transferred a project in Media Lab/Direct RT 2008 from an ailing XP based laptop to a laptop running Win 7 Professional 64 bit (downloading the latest version and selecting 2008 on install when prompted). The questionnaire part of the study runs fine, but when I get to the direct RT bit I get the attached error messages. I have adjusted the resolution in DRT to the native resolution of the laptop (1366*768) and, interestingly, instead of creating a log folder containing a csv file, as it does when it runs normally, it creates a folder named ‘voice’ before the project crashes. The folder is empty. Is this, in part at least, a video incompatibility. (In regard to the accompanying error messages, compatible is spelt with only one ‘a’ J)

If you could supply any help that would be great.

Regards,

Grenville Rose
    Aftercare/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jarvis24; 03-01-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Re: "No compatible resolution was found"

IN your folder where the DirectRT input file is located--is there a .drt style file? If so, is that where you set the 1366 x 768? If so, Is it listed as available on the pull down list of available resolutions? Also, does the same error occur if you run the input file outside of MediaLab?

Display set from dropdown

Yep, I set the display using the dropdown menu in DRT. I'm not experienced with the program so its the simple way for me.

Gren.

Gren-- does it happen if you run the input file alone with no other programs running (including MediaLab). And if you run it in an alternate resolution such as 1024x768 (just for testing purposes)? If yes to both of those, what about the sample files--do they produce the same error? If yes again, then can you please check the exact version of DirectRT you have installed, i.e., 20xx.x.x.x?

Oh yes, it still happens

I tried Direct RT by itself and it was exactly the same. Then Direct RT by itself with the resolution set to 1024*768 and it was exactly the same. The file was originally written by a PhD student who has gone on to better things and completely forgotten about Direct RT. If I drop the whole folder/drive path into an XP based computer it just runs. That wasn't possible for the Win 7 computer as the Documents and Settings folder is managed differently.
    The other odd thing is the creation of an empty 'Voice' folder in the data folder.

Version is 2008.2.103.1115.

Regards,

Gren.