Simply put, MediaLab makes experimental design easy. A researcher can design experiments with minimal computer experience and no programming knowledge. The program is extremely flexible as it is, and it is constantly growing and developing to add new features. Regardless of the type of stimulus materials, dependent measures, or experimental designs I've used, MediaLab has been up to the task. DirectRT, the reaction time tag-a-long program it also quite easy to use. The programming is very intuitive. Now that I've used it for a few studies, I can usually design something like a sequential priming measure or lexical decision task in under an hour. One of the greatest "features" is the support. Whenever I've had any problems, Blair has been quick to offer suggestions or to fix any problems. He also willingly takes (and solicits) suggestions for future improvements in the program, allowing the program to grow with the needs of those who use it. All-in-all, I've had nothing but good experiences with the program. I would strongly recommend this program to anyone doing experimental or questionnaire research in the social sciences.

Ken Demaree,
Ohio State University