[edited from support email]

Hi. You have helped me in the past with technical issues. I am finally starting to master DirectRT but have not been able to figure out one issue I need to solve for the task I am currently designing for a research study that is supposed to begin later this week. Everything works fine for the trials for which subjects are supposed to respond, but for some trials, only distractors are presented, and subjects are not supposed to respond. I noticed there is a way to program rt:-1 with a clear400! to indicate no response, remove the stimulus after 400 ms, and automatically advance to the next trial after the minmax is exceeded, but my problem seems to be that I am not using any minmax on those trials – because I don’t want to have a message that the subject needs to respond faster if they exceed the minmax (in my case minmax would be something like 200-2500) – I already have custom feedback messages I have programmed in. So here is my question: is there any way other than with minmax to use the rt:-1 option OR is there some way to use minmax and ! but suppress the automatic message (in case they are too slow on other trials)?