Hello,

I have been unable to run my experiment in MediaLab since Sunday. I keep getting this error message: Path/File Access Error. This message pops up before I can even enter the participant ID and condition. The message also pops up repeatedly, opens up numerous Mozilla firefox/Internet Explorer windows, and makes it impossible for me to exit MediaLab with hitting control alt delete.

My experiment won’t run even after : 1) I re-created the experiment with all 135 of my files TWICE, 2) I transferred my files from my flash drive to the computer’s C Drive and re-uploaded so that the path says C Drive :……., 3) the Psych IT person tried to run the experiment on his computer, 4) after the PsychIT person re-installed MediaLab version 2008 1.13 (I believe) on my computer, and 5) the PsychIT person gave me full rights to the program.

Please advise. I need to resume my data collection as soon as possible. I cannot figure what’s wrong and neither can the PsychIT person who has been assisting me since Tuesday. Apparently, another researcher at my institution complained to the same IT person that MediaLab versions 2006-2008 were problematic for him. Is there a glitch in the program? Please advise so that I can run my experiment. Is there a limit to how many files I can include in an experiment?