Hello!

I'm currently working on a questionnaire where the subjects are supposed to make predictions over a number of "days", with one "fill in the blank"-type question per day/page. Since I need to have tables and some other things, I decided it would be easiest for me to do this in HTML, and use the Custom Item-option in ML, instead of the built in fill-in-the-blank item.

Now, this works fine when there are several variables to be answered on the same page (say, age, sex, education, or whataver), but when I only have one variable, the data will always be recorded as "ok", no matter what I enter.

This only seems to happen when I either enter (v1) into the ML parameters field, or don't specify the number of variables at all. If I enter (v2) or more, the problem seems to disappear. However, then I'll get an extra varible that is recorded as "99", which might be confusing for the researcher who will analyze the data later on.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is there another way to tell ML that I only wish to record one variable for my Custom Item?