Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Set a time for background image to appear?

Set a time for background image to appear?

Hi all. I currently have a screen where I have a sound file that plays that I want the participants to listen to. While this sound file plays, I have a background image that is displayed on the screen. Right now, I don't have a continue button. I'm using the duration parameter (it's set to the length of the sound file), so they have to sit there and listen to the whole thing and then the screen automatically advances when the soundfile ends.

What I want to do is change the background image so it is not displayed for the entire length of the sound file. For the first 30 seconds or so of the soundfile, I just want the screen to be blank, and then I want the background image to appear on the screen and remain there for the rest of the time. Is there any way to do that? I couldn't find anywhere that told me how to set a time for the background image to appear.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

A couple ways you could do this. One is you could use an HTML background that has a timed re-direct to go from a blank page to a page with an image after 30 seconds (or whatever).

Another way would be to have two image items back-to-back. The first would play your sound file as a background sound and have a duration parameter to advance after 30 seconds to the second image item. The advantage here is that background sounds carry over to subsequent items until they end or until a new background sound is encountered. This is probably the way I would go because it would be super fast and easy to implement.