I'm trying to trigger Biopac using MediaLab that are both installed in a single Laptop computer.
I've tested that TTL test can send signal to Biopac, and Biopac's software successfully read TTL signals as I send them from TTL test.

Although, I was able to check that Biopac can receive and display the TTL signals at channel 8, auto-triggering was not activated by TTL siglnals.

Is this problem related with your finding that parallel port signals of laptops are not strong enough? Is there any solution to solve this issue? Parallel ports on Laptop computer is added via pci express slot. Let me know if you have specific information about this.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
UPDATE:

We learned that the laptop running MediaLab had a parallel port not 'strong' enough to drive the BioPac box. So we switched to a desktop computer and had good luck communicating between Empirisoft's IOTest utility and the Biopac system.

After further testing and removal of a small typo in the experiment file, we were rewarded with a properly running MediaLab experiment which triggered the Biopac system at the appropriate time.