Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: responses.xls functions not working

responses.xls functions not working

I tried to follow the steps in the manual, but I'm not able to get the advanced skips in the responses.xls file to work for some reason.

For some reason, your responses.xls file was actually called responses.xls.xls

Try renaming it responses.xls. Your system may have the option to "view file extensions" turned off (see the setup section in the help guide for how to turn it on). Without this option, you normally wouldn't see the final ".xls"

With file extensions turned off, you would actually want it to appear to be called "reponses". That will at least enable you to use the responses.xls file functions. Then if you still have any trouble with it, let us know.

Calculated variables showing as <variable> in study

I'm trying to use the advanced features with the responses.xls file, but the calculated variables are showing up as <variable> in the study instead of their calculate values. The values are actually being calculated, because they show up in the data excel file, it's just not displaying properly on the screen.

Some older releases of MediaLab required the variables to be in the same case in Excel and MediaLab. try making them lower case in both files and see if that helps. This is fixed in v2006 I believe.

Not a case issue

I've already checked the cases, and I'm running v2006.2.26...

OK, then send me a copy of your que and xls files, and I'll take a look.
    -Blair

Never mind...it's magically working now. Thanks for your prompt repsponses, though.