Hi,
After looking at the forums, I have been unable to find an appropriate solution to the problem I am having. I have an experiment in which I would like to assign participants to a condition based on their answer to a particular question (e.g., gender). That is, I would like participants to note their gender and have MediaLab use that information and assign them to a condition congruent with their gender. However, I would still like the conditions to be psuedo-randomized (i.e., still want equal n's). Currently, I am trying to use a response excel file to skip participants to one of the male or female conditions. The response file contains the gender variable and has a formula in the SkipTo column that randomizes them into one of gender congruent conditions based on their answer: (=IF(B2 = 1, RANDBETWEEN(2,4),RANDBETWEEN(5,7)). My intent is if participants answer 1 (or Male) to the gender question they will be randomly directed to one of the male conditions (i.e., 2-4). Conversely, if they answer 2 (or Female) they will be randomly assigned to one of the female congruent conditions (5-7). However, I am unsure if MediaLab will skip between conditions (rather than items or questionnaires). In sum, I would like to randomize participants to condition based on gender but have been unable to find a solution that will allow this to work. The Advanced example provided in the MediaLab Samples folder answers some questions but it only appears to be skipping within a questionnaire (rather than assigning condition). Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!