Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Text labels are not wrapping?

Text labels are not wrapping?

[edited from support email]

For some of our questions, the text label (sentence text) is longer than the one answer line, and needs to wrap around to the next line. The problem is that the text is not wrapping to the next line and is instead cutting off, so the sentence is
    not shown in its entirety, and the subject is not able to read the complete answer choice.

Try adding "s2" to your parameters for the item--this will double space the items and provide for more text label space. You can use any value from 1 to 5 including decimals when using the spacing (s) parameter (e.g.,, s2.5, s3, etc.)

[edited from related support email]

I am currently trying to set up a study on MediaLab v2006. However, I noticed that on a few of my questions that have scale responses answers (i.e., 1 = yes, 2 = no, etc.) for the participant to choose from, some of the response answers will be cut off from the screen when I preview the questionnaire. For example, one of the responses to a question on my questionnaire is "3 = I would neither particularly enjoy nor particularly dislike working with this person" and when I preview the questionnaire on MediaLab (as if I were a participant taking the questionnaire), the only part that comes on the screen is "3 = I would neither particularly enjoy nor particularly" and cuts off the rest of the response. I have tried adding in another line spacing for that response, but to no avail. Is there anything specific that I need to do in order for the entire response answer to be visible on the screen?
    See if the answer above helps. I'm suggesting this first because I'm not sure if you were using the s parameter as the method to increase the line spacing.