Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Combining RBG and OmitConditions (case 6145)

Combining RBG and OmitConditions (case 6145)

Out of 12 possible sets of questions, I am assigning subjects in each of 16 conditions a particular set of 6. These 6 sets should be presented in random order.

I've used omit conditions for each line of each set to exclude it for particular conditions.

I've used rbg to assign each line of each set the number of the set (1 for the first group, 2 for the second, all the way through to 12 for the last).

But whenever I run this questionnaire, I receive each of the 12 question sets in the order they're listed in the questionnaire. Thus, neither the omit conditions or rbg function is working.

Would very much appreciate any tips!
    Last edited by jason_reed; 01-07-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Odd . . .

That's very odd that both the RBG and the omit conditions would not work. I don't see any error in what you've said you've done, but if you'd like to upload the file I'd be happy to glance over it and see if the problem replicates on my system.

File attached!

Does something look funny in the way RBG and omit conditions have been notated in this file? So grateful for your input.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not Replicating

Looks okay to me, and each time I ran it I got a different piece of music (that failed to load, of course) and the questions that followed were also in random order. I can also confirm that the pieces of music were correct for Condition 1, so on my end the RBG and the omit condition were working correctly.

Of course, the bad news of that is you still don't know why it's not working on your end. I'm running MediaLab 2012 on a Windows 7 laptop, though I don't know of any reason that would be relevant.

As much as I've always hated this piece of advice, I think the next step is just to close the programs, reboot and just try again. I'm always amazed (and annoyed) at how many problems that solves.