Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: problems about voice response in Medialab

problems about voice response in Medialab

Hi,
    I am programming a study in the questionnaire file in MediaLab right now. There are some troubles that I have looked through the manual and the support website, but I still can not solve them. Would you please help me? Here are the questions.

1. I would like to record participant's 3 minute-long response in one item in a questionnaire file in MediaLab v2012. I have followed the instruction on the manual and I have set the file name as a .wav file. I run through the item and spoke something into the microphone. I then found a .wav in the voice files, but it does not really record anything when I played. It seems that the item is only creating a file there for recording so far, but it is not really recording. Can you help me solve this?

2. I would like to place a countdown timer on the same page with the item of voice response. The way suggested by the manual (d-180) does not show up any countdown timer. From previous posts, I could show the countdown timer through html. However, it says in the manual that we can not collect data on the item with html. Do you know any solutions or ideas?

3. According to the manual, we can change the color of the words in the questionnaire file. However, when I followed the manual, I click on edit and preferences on my MediaLab 2012, it only shows up "fonts", but no "colors." Can you help me this as well?

Thank you very much.

Best,
    ychang

A related question

I have another question related to what I posted. I have tried two different headsets on my computers and made sure they were plugged in the computers. However, when I go to the sound check panel in both MediaLab and DirectRT, there was still a window jumping out and saying that “No microphone input was detected. Make sure your microphone is plugged in.”
    The headset goes well with the Windows sound recorder, so I think the headset was not the main problem. Can anyone give me any ideas how I can fix this in MediaLab and DirectRT? Thank you!
    Best,
    ychang

Hi,
    I responded to your earlier post here: http://support.empirisoft.com/showthread.php?t=8086
    but I see you followed up with some additional information, namely that your headset with mic is working properly outside of MediaLab.
    I wonder if you have two jacks on your computer for a mic - perhaps one in the back of the CPU and one on the monitor? You might find that you need to use one or the other for MediaLab to pick up on it/find it.

If you only have one mic jack, you might want to see if you can borrow a free-standing mic to try. I've noticed that the built-in mic on a webcam did not work well with MediaLab's soundcheck, for example.