Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Issues with displaying video (case 3360)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Issues with displaying video (case 3360)

Hi there - I'm working on a DirectRT input file that will display 10 second .wmv files (faces morphing from a neutral to emotional face). Subject presses a key when they notice the face showing an emotion. There are 3 blocks of 36 trials, and faces are selected from one of 3 types (happy, fearful, angry).

For the most part the videos will run fine. However, about 3-4 trials have display problems, and it's not always the same video file. The problems are either:

- the video file fails to display, even though the trial is running (I have to press an eligible key to move to the next trial). Sometimes the file briefly flashes at the beginning but then the screen is blank.

- one part of the file, the grey background, displays briefly, and then the entire picture including the face appears and the video runs normally

- part of video shows a band of green at the bottom, and there is some more ghosting of color than is usual (see the attached photo).

Again, this isn't entirely consistent across video files. Even when I remove a video file that seems to have recurrent problems from being presented, the problem still recurs.

Tried modifying the colour.txt file, ran into same problems regardless of setting.

Platform is a Dell Inspiron N411Z, running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, DirectX 11. Had a similar problem on another HP laptop, but no problems with DirectRT v2010 on a desktop computer.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images