Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Response Time Keyboards

Response Time Keyboards

Good afternoon,

I work for a social cognition lab at Rutgers University, and we are looking to update our keyboards to eliminate extra noise that may come from having standard error in a cheaper keyboard. We are having some bad experiences with our current keyboards. We are customers of yours, and I have done research into the products that you have on your website. These button boxes/keyboards look excellent but right now they are out of our price range. Hopefully for the future we will be able to purchase them.

However, I was wondering if there was any other recommendation you could make for a more afford keyboard for the time being. I have found this gaming keyboard, the MC Cherry WASD which allows you to change the colors of the keys (http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/) which would be much neater for our study however it does not specialize in reaction time. I was wondering there was any opinion of this type of keyboard wheather or not it would be a good investment, as it is a little pricey as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Lisa Panila

lisa@psychology.rutgers.edu

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for taking a moment to write. The keyboards you've mentioned seem nice, and the 'Cherry' switches they use have long been a durable industry standard.

A big difference between what we offer and other products on the market is that the DirectIN hardware has been optimized for precise reaction time measuring. However, if the interchangeable colors, etc are more valuable to you, it looks like a solid product.

John

Response time Keyboards

Thank you for your response, We are looking to purchase your product in the future, but right now the budget does not call for it, that is the main reason for my questions on your opinion for these keyboards.

Just another question, Is a actuation point of 2mm for a keyboard a good statistic?

Thank you very much
    Lisa

If memory serves, 'actuation point' merely means the distance a key must be pressed before the internal switch is activated. I'm not sure how 2mm compares to other available systems...