Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Essay Data

Essay Data

I've created a questionnaire that consists of several open ended questions. Those items I have set as "essay". Currently, data for essay questions is written to variable .txt files, instead of subject # .txt files. I need the data sorted by subject, not variable. Is this possible (I have v 2006.19), other than by manually copying and pasting? Many thanks...
    Last edited by jarvis24; 07-15-2007 at 11:42 AM.

Can you ask the questions using the fill in the blank item type so that the responses are included in the regular data file? Or are the responses too long?

I'm going to try that, but some of the reponses may be too long, so I'm not sure what to do in that case.

In that case, you could create a simple text input custom item like those described in the user's guide (in the Custom Item section). I don't think the text fields in the HTML of those items is limited to 255 characters. And then the data would also be saved directly in your data files. Be sure to test it first--I'd be curious to know if it works for you if you try it.