Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: MPG videos not playing in MediaLab

MPG videos not playing in MediaLab

[edited from support email]

I have a question about multi-media features of MediaLab. We have video clips (mpeg files) that we would like to present with MediaLab. I know that the current version we have does not support this file type. I was wondering if there is updated version of MediaLab that supports mpeg. Also, if there is no version that can support mpeg, is transforming the file type from mpeg to avi (or other old file types) the only to to present the video clips with MediaLab?
    MediaLab actually does support mpeg. It's typically Apple's .mov format that some have had trouble with. Were your mpegs encoded with QuickTime?

No, my mpegs are encoded with Windows Media Player. When I played the files with MediaLab, the half top of the image did not show up, and the sound was not working either.
    Can you try playing the video with the Windows Media Player on the same machine where MediaLab is having trouble with it?

If I use the Windows Medial Player Classic, which supports mpegs, I can play the videos. However, the usual Windows Media Player cannot.
    You may be missing a codec. If you can get it to play properly in the normal Windows Media Player, it ought to play ok in MediaLab because that's what ML uses to play videos!