Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Continuous ratings on XY axes

Continuous ratings on XY axes

I know DirectRT can sample movements on both axes of a joystick. How can I include two sliders (one vertical and the other horizontal) on the screen display to show the two axes? I use the 2004 version of DirectRT presently (we are upgrading to the 2008 version when it gets released!)

You mean like visual feedback for the current joystick or slider(s) position?

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis24 View Post
    You mean like visual feedback for the current joystick or slider(s) position?
    Yes...I need to be able to show a visual feedback of subjects' feelings along two scales that are orthogonal to each other. Can this be done in DirectRT 2004?

Although you can gather and save the positional data, there is no function yet to display those data visually in real-time. There is a new function in v2006 wee have been working on which will allow you to display an HTML frame within a DirectRT screen--just like any other stimulus. Perhaps a java applet could be written to display the feedback if you have access to a java programmer.