Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: recognition test

recognition test

I am a doctoral student and am trying to figure out how to set up a recognition task on DirectRT. My cohort and I were able to create an input file but the problem was that we don’t know how to set a time limit for a response (we want participants to respond within 8 seconds).

Specifically, we want participants to hit either left/right space key depending on their recognition of the audio clip after or while they are listening the two-three seconds of the clip. At the same time, if they don’t respond within 8 seconds since the audio play, we want the next audio clip starts automatically. We’ve tried things like: rt: x,y,clear8000 (x,y = key codes for the response in numbers) and tried rt:x,y,clear-1. We also checked the style editor to set a maximum time, but for some reasons it didn’t work out. We have to hit the programmed key to continue the recognition test.
    Could you tell me what we need to do at this time? I attached the input file that we’ve created.

One more problem with DirectRT!! Whenever we tried to test the recognition test (without the max-time limit), the audio clip stopped playing after 4th or 5th audio file. We’ve tried other computers in the lab but have the same results. How can we fix this?

Thank you so much for your help!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by anna7680; 12-01-2011 at 09:38 PM.