Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Problems with TTL

Problems with TTL

I am trying to send TTL signals from MediaLab to a Biopac system.
    I tried to configure the LPT port in the IOTest.exe that comes with MediaLab, but I had no luck with it. The PCI to parallel port card in the computer running MediaLab (Pentium D, 3.00GHz, 2GB RAM, WinXP Media Center Edition) usses the following I/O Range: DC88-DC8F and DC90 - DC97. This translates into 56456-56463 and 56464 - 56471. When I try to input any of this data into IOTest.exe as a port address I get an Data Overflow error and the application crashes:
    AppName: iotest.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.2945 Offset: 00012a5b
    I tried changing ports/etc but with no luck.
    Can you help? Thanks!

That is really weird. I wrote the IOTest program something like 5 years ago and I haver never heard of this error. And now you are the second in a week to report it! In any case, the problem seems to be related to the port address exceeding a value of 32768. Try replacing your version of IOText.exe with the attached (zipped) version and see if this resolves it. If so, let me know because I'll need to make the same changes in the IO code for DirectRT.
    Attached Files Attached Files

IOTest working

Well, the IOTest.exe that you sent works, it didn't register any error messgaes. On the other hand I am confused: when I enter the port address of the card (56456 to 56463) the software reads a byte value of 255, but does not accept any byte value that I am trying to send to it. When I use any of the "LPT1:absent" or "LPT2:absent" or "LPT3:absent" from the port address menu I can get a port reading and I can send a byte to the port, but the BIOPAC equipment does not react to it.
    Next week I'll bring an oscylloscope and test the output. I'll keep you posted on any developments and I will certainly appreciate any ideas you may have. Thank you!