Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Not getting output!

Not getting output!

I'm actually just messing with a bare bones structure of my task and I'm not getting any output. All this setup requires is looking at an X or O and either pressing backspace or capslock (I've already checked the codes) or making no response. There's only one correct response, depending on the trial, and two incorrect responses (one option would be: time = rt:-1,14,58 for example). Any thoughts on why I'm not getting any data collection/output? Thanks!

**Update:I'm able to get output if I remove the "full" from the end of my time columns. Problem is, I want the stimulus to stay on the screen for a fixed amount of time (which varies depending on the trial) even if a response is made.
    Last edited by acwhite327; 11-03-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: clarification

Can you post your input file and a sample data file? Also what release version of DirectRT are you using (i.e., 20xx.x.x)?

Not getting text input prompt

thanks for responding. I actually have a new version of the task that's a compilation of many tasks and now I'm running into a new problem. One of the tasks requires a text input, but it doesn't show up when you get to that question. All I get is a black screen and then after hitting escape the text input is there. I can make a response in it, but I've already exited the program, so nothing happens after that. I've attached the file (the problem questionnaire begins on line 1668, the first text input is line 1669). The weird thing is that this block of questions works fine in isolation, but not when it's combined with the rest of the study. I would REALLY appreciate help with this, we're supposed to be collecting data ASAP and have no idea what's going on!! Thank you!

*we are using version 2010.2.103.1115.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by acwhite327; 11-16-2011 at 03:09 PM.