Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Adding slide numbers to the bottom of the screen?

Adding slide numbers to the bottom of the screen?

Is there a way in MediaLab to add a visible screen/slide number at the upper or lower right corner of the screen? My questionnaire contains about 800 slides and I'd like each slide to have a visible number. I could add the numbers manually to each question (but that would be in the upper left corner), but maybe there is a more efficient way? It can be a straight 1-xxx numbering from the very first screen.

thank you for your suggestions in advance.

Anna

Have you ever used a responses.xls file as described in the Advanced Features section of the user's guide? If so, you could create a variable called "page" or something like that. If you list your 800 items in the responses.xls file, you could set up some kind of conditional logic to define the "page" variable. e.g., once the first item has been responded to, then "page" equals "Page 2" and so on..

Then you simply insert "<page>" in the question wording of each item. MediaLab would substitute the value from the Excel file into the question wording. On the other hand, if you have not used the Advanced Features before, this might sound a little complicated.

Also.. what exactly are these slides?

I have not played with Advanced Features, but I might have to try and learn it
    My slides are "Scale Response" types, and I'm using it for a version of the NBack task. The reason why I need the slide numbers to be visible is that I need to know at what slide the person is when he or she does an experimental task that is NOT part of MediaLab's presentation but something else they were instructed to do at 2 points during the questionnaire. We were hoping to video-record the session such that only the screen is visible, but it's of little use if I can't tell what trial are they on.

thanks for your response and suggestion of advanced features. i'll try to dig into this.