Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: problem with response box

problem with response box

[edited by moderator]
    I am trying to use a response box which connects to LPT1. DirectRT recognizes the box and gives me the following codes:

104, 88, 248 and 56.

However, when I run the experiment I get the message: no joystick is configured (or something like that).
    Last edited by jarvis24; 03-19-2007 at 09:24 AM.

Key codes 241-251 are reserved for joystick input which, I expect, is the problem here as your box is using 248. To make sure I understand though--the session is working but you are getting this message at the start of the session? at the start of each trial? I'm guessing the session still works as you somehow got the codes. Using a test file with rt:any perhaps?
    Last edited by jarvis24; 03-19-2007 at 09:26 AM.

response box-2

yeh. it seems that the session works. i figured the problem was with the codes. so how can we solve it?

response box 3

ok. we connected the problematic bit (248) to a potentially free bit (112) BUT after the instructions screen,that is on the presentation of the first -- to be respoded to stimuli -- we get a very strange message:
    "NTport library v2.4 cant find valid registration information. please call license info function with the registration key befroe call any other function of NTport library. refer to the doc & samp for details"
    any ideas?
    attached to modifed version of the input file.
    thanx
    baruch
    Attached Files Attached Files

First I've heard of that. Do you get the same error if you try to run the sample TTL input files that come with DirectRT?

response box 3

we are getting there! i looked at your sample file and the problem was that i hadn't included a calibration (first trial) ttl signal.
    i am left with one final problem -- allthough the data file lists a response as correct or incorrect, the participant doesn't recieve feedback about his errors. this is although i included a incorrect file in the directory.
    thanks for your help
    baruch

Ah, I was going to suggest that but I had not heard of that error being associated with it. Nice to hear that first sending a signal outbound was all that was needed!

Does the "incorrect.txt" file work correctly if you replace the time values with "rt:1,2,3,4" and use the keyboard rather than TTL values?

now it does and it works with the response box too. (somehow i had commas inserted in the file).
    thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by baruche; 03-21-2007 at 10:26 AM.

Glad to hear all is ok!

-Blair