Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Trouble loading .que file into my .exp file

Trouble loading .que file into my .exp file

I have a .que file that I want to upload as a portion of a larger experiment in medialab.

When I run only the .que file on medialab, it works perfectly - video and all
    (This .que file contains a few images, and .avi video files)

However, when I loaded the .que into my experiment (.exp), and attempt to run it through there, it doesn't work properly.. I get a message for example for the picture "smile.bmp cannot be found" - even though I verified the file names countless times and have seen the video play back when i run it using only the .que.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks so much!
    -Jessica

same problem

I am experiencing the same problem. The file not found is an .html file. Anyone have any ideas about how to solve this problem?

That's really strange, the only thing I could think of is if the file hierarchy some how gets mixed up when you use the .exp but it sounds like you have that covered. Unfortunately the only fix I know of for something like that is to compile your videos and images separately in the .exp

solution

The problem for me was that I was using relative paths in the que files to point to the images and html files I wanted to use. Once I changed the paths from relative to absolute, the problems disappeared.

It can also get tricky if the que files are located in a different folder than the experiment file. You can certainly do different folders if all the paths are correct and explicit, but it is easier (in most cases) to just keep all the que's and the exp file in the same place--and yes, then using relative paths will allows you to simply list the name of the que file. In that case, no path is needed because its in the same folder. Or a subfolder can also be ok like myquefiles\que1.que.