Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Media Lab Screen Goes Blank

Media Lab Screen Goes Blank

We have run 35 participants through an experiment. For 2 of the participants, the screen went blank after answering questionnaires (just after watching a movie) right before a Direct RT task was supposed to begin. The screen went blank and could not be advanced using secret keys. The only way to clear the screen was to terminate the experiment. Nothing seemed to work. We have 4 versions of the same experiment to represent 4 conditions. We are not sure if it is a coincidence that both participants were in condition 3. We tried running condition 3 later on and the error did not occur. Is there some bug in the system that we need to resolve?

May I see the exp and que files? Were any data files (even if empty) generated by DirectRT?

Zipped experiment and questionnaire files

I had to download a zip program so I'm not sure if the attached compressed folder will work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So where exactly is this happening? From what you've described it sounds like the movie clip from the questionnaire "Neutral Film Clip_2.que" plays ok but then you never get to the first instruction item from "Mood Scale - after film, before smoking.que" -- is that correct?

If so, I have a couple questions. Let me ask first--is this condition the only one in which you access a filename that has a comma in it?

i.e.,

Mood Scale - after film, before smoking.que

If so, you might try it without the comma. If that makes no difference, the next thing I would try is to put the video clips on the local machine and see if it's a server related issue.

The screen goes blank right after the mood and urge questionnaires that follow the movie clip (before the affective go no go task should begin). All of the conditions include questionnaires that have commas in the title. The clip is incorportated in another condition with no problems. Is it possible that the 2 participants hit something?