Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Input file won't run

Input file won't run

hi. i'm finding it impossible to run this dRT file. it may be due to my rust but i really can't find whats wrong with it.
    cheers,
    baruch
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Baruch,

Runs fine here. What error (if any) are you getting? Or, what else can you tell me about it "not running"?

Blair

doesn't run here

well -- subject number window opens, i type it and... nothing happens.
    but DRT is running (as indicated by task manager).
    baruch

What version of DirectRT are you using? Also, is there a style file in the same folder as this input file? If so, try deleting it and running it with the default style file (styles.drt) from the main DirectRT folder.

still won't run.

i have version 2004.3.0.27. and i tried without deleting the styles file. still won't budge.
    thanks.
    baruch

Can't tell you because we don't have a debuggable version of v2004 around anymore. If it were me, I would create multiple versions of the file, each with bigs chunks of trials deleted, to see which trial(s) are responsible. e.g., does it run if you try only the first trial? The first 5? 10? 100? etc. If you can find the breaking point then I might be able to help narrow down the problem.

[edited by moderator]

I have encountered the same problem today.

I dont know. The only thing changed in my system is the Uer Profile.
    If I use the original User Profile, it runs without any issues. However, if I am trying to run the same input file on a new profile, it does not run. It sits in the background.

I am able to run the sample files on all profiles.

Admins, could this be an issue? Is there any permissions issue?

Just to add... ExecuteDRT.exe runs in the background with almost 100% CPU Utilization.

Version 2006.2.0.24

Thank you.

-Monil Chheda
    Last edited by jarvis24; 02-16-2007 at 07:43 AM.

Try confirming that your user profile has full read-write access to any folder that is involved in your study. That may explain why you can run the samples--i.e., because your profile has read-write access to the DirectRT folder and its subfolders, but not to the folder containing this particular study.

Hi,

I was checking the file/ folder permissions.

"Everyone" had --> Full Control.

However, things did not work.

I tried gicing "COMPLETE Access" to the folder where I plan to place the similations, and lo.. it worked.

So, I think that you need to GIVE COMPLETE ACCESS and not just READ/ Write Permissions.

@Baruche --> In my new profile, I could not run your I/P file. however, once the correct permissions were set, I could even run your file.

Hope this helps.

-Monil C

Thanks for the update Monil.

Problem running input files

Hello,
    I´m a grad student from the University Of Bielefeld,Germany. When trying to run the input file "voice responses stroop"
    on Direct RT version 2006.2.0.28, I get the following message:
    "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource unavailable.
    Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package `Direct RT Research Software
    v2006.2.msi´.
    The program won´t run the stroop task, but I urgently need the given stroop example, because I´m running a more elaborate
    version for my master´s thesis experiments.
    What am I supposed to do?

Do you get the same error when running any of the other samples? If so, I would try reinstalling the DirectRT package.

The same error occurs when running more basic experiments, but with slight delay these run eventually.

Be sure to check out the troubleshooting section of the users guide (online here: http://www.empirisoft.com/directrt/h...leshooting.htm).

If the samples do not run properly then there is likely something wrong with the installation. I would try re-installing it and see if that helps. Does this same thing happen on any other computers? Also, are you using the default installation path "C:\DirectRT\"?

The error vanished when I downloaded the program a second time and went into the file program maintenance, and there into the file repair installation problems in the program.
    The first installation must´ve been erroneous.
    Thanks for your support ;-)

Good to hear, thanks for the update.

Input file won't run

My input file suddenly won't run either - I am running Version 2006.2.0.28 and my input file (which had been working fine until today) automatically loads when Direct RT opens and seems to be "stuck" on participant #5.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "stuck"? How far do you get and then exactly what happens?

Note from Moderator--this thread is closed now as the issue is in reference to v2006. If you have a related issue, please create a new thread or post to a thread in reference to a more current version. Thanks!
    Last edited by jarvis24; 01-28-2011 at 12:48 PM.