Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Yoking of random pairs working in v2008 but not v2010?

Yoking of random pairs working in v2008 but not v2010?

Hi

Hoping someone can help me as we're on a strict timeline (currently collecting data).

I've got a stim file that randomly pulls the first half of a narrative from a text stim list. The second half of the narrative is yoked to the first half so that the two halves are displayed consecutively no matter which narrative from the list is randomly selected first. Then, a picture target is drawn from another stim list - this has also been yoked to the randomly selected narrative so that the correct picture target always follows the narrative it is meant to match. Now, this all works fine when run in v2008. We've just upgraded to v2010 and although the yoking of the two narrative halves still works, the yoking of the picture target does not. Instead, the picture targets are being displayed in the order they are listed in the text file rather than being pulled to match the randomly selected narrative.

It's strange that the two narrative text files are being correctly paired but the picture targets aren't. And as I said, it works fine in v2008 so I don't think it's an error in coding.

Any ideas of a workaround greatly appreciated (except going back to v2008 - our new DirectIN response boxes don't work on the old version).

Thanks
    Bethanie

- Stim file and examples of the 3 stimlists attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BJG; 08-09-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Hi Bethanie, yes, that does sound odd. Do you happen to know which versions of of 2008 and 2010 you were/are using? If it's v2010.2, I can get you a link to v2010.3 which is more akin to the older 2006-2008 versions but still compatible with most Windows 7 systems. Also--I don't recall there being any issues with our boxes and v2008--did you post or email us about that?
    Last edited by jarvis24; 08-09-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Hi Jarvis

We've got Version 2008.1 and 2010.2 so I'd like to give v2010.3 a shot to see if that fixes the prob.

Re the boxes: Sorry, my mistake, no probs with using them with v2008. I misunderstood one of our techs. Apparently the problem is with the boxes and Windows 7 (they're fine with XP) - one of our techs has emailed about this.

Cheers
    Bethanie

OK, please contact John via service@ empirisoft.com for the 2010.3 version. John will also be posting a new thread soon regarding the hardware issues associated with Windows 7 (see Hardware forums in the next day or so--it should be posted as a sticky at the top of the forum threads. Bottom line is that the 2012 keyboards and boxes are fully compatible with Windows 7 and are available now either new or your old ones can be upgraded. Again, John can tell you more as he's the head hardware engineer ninja here.