Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Saving Data

Saving Data

Hi there,

I have been having trouble saving the MediaLab data onto a particular drive.
    Usually the MediaLab data gets saved onto a shared server. However, we had a server update in our lab, so our shared server was down. I had changed our experiments to include questionnaires that were saved on to the respective computer's C://.

Now that the server is back on, we need the data to be saved onto the server instead of the C://. I have changed the experiments back to what it originally was (pulling questionnaires that are saved on the server), however they are still continually saving onto the C://.

I have even created new experiments that pull files from the server, but it still saves onto the C://. I have also cleared our data folders on our server (in case MediaLab was confused about where to save it), but it still stubbornly saves onto the C://.

Help!

Many thanks,

What exactly do you have entered in the "alternate data folder" field in the MediaLab preferences?

The box for "alternate data" is blank. However, I did try clicking on the appropriate folder on our server.... IT WORKED, well - the data is now saved onto the server instead of the C://, but now I have encountered another problem.

When we run two different studies' MediaLab experiments on this computer, and it used to save into the respective study folders. Now any experiment that is run is only saved into ONE folder (the one I clicked for the "alternate data"). How do I get the data from each different experiment saved onto different folders onto the server?

Also, instead of all the files getting generated into one place, each time the program is run, it spits out a new folder.

help? Thanks again