In a set of questions, I asked participants to respond to a question with either:

1. No, this has not happened to me
2. Yes, this has happened to me

If a participant chose #2, that the event did happen him, a pop-up screen appeared (by using the <specify> function) and asked the participant how many times something like this happened. If the event only happened once and the participant entered it as "1", the data does not allow me to differentiate between that and #1 indicating no, this has not happened to me. I thought that MediaLab might code the data differently, allowing me to decipher the difference between these two instances, but my data is just showing the numbers 1,2,3,4, etc. which makes it impossible to tell if the "1" participants are indicating the event did not happen to them or if they had chosen "2" but the event only happened 1 time. I realize I need to create two questions next time - one, asking if this event happened to the participant and two, asking them how many times it happened, but I wanted to know if there is some trick in MediaLab I'm missing that might fix the data I already have and let me determine what participants actually responded with?!

Help!

Thanks,

Ashley