Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Sound but no video

Sound but no video

[edited by moderator]

I can hear my videos, but I can't see them. When I end the program to stop it, I see the video briefly as it shuts off. The videos start up just before the MediaLab screen appears, and then the video disappears, leaving only the audio.

Update: I saw the other person with this problem, and I turned off enhanced video and that solved the issue.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 12-18-2006 at 12:49 PM. Reason: possibly resolved

Thanks for the update. Is this the link you are referring to:

www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=552

Yes, that's the one.

[similar issue edited from support email]

I am running MediaLab 2004 on my laptop and the computers in my advisors lab here at Purdue. I created a video that I would like to show participants (a .wmv file). The video plays in my questionnaire on my computer, but when I copied the files over to the lab computers the video does not work properly. I have sound but no picture. The video plays in Windows Media player on the same computer (which is what I thought played it in MediaLab). Am I doing something wrong? Do the files have to be in a different format (mpeg, mov)?
    Does the same thing happen with other wmv files or just this one? Are you using the Enhanced Video option on the Preferences menu? Finally, you might try updating your versions of DirectX and of the Windows Media Player. Also, do you know how to generate a dxdiag.txt file?

I think I figured it out. I converted the files to .avi and they work now. It must be that we are using an older version of Windows Media Player and there was a problem interfacing. Thanks for your help!

Sound but no video

I recently exchanged an old computer for a new computer. I copied all of our old media lab filed onto the new computer. Both computers are running the same version of all programs.

All of our old computers were running videos as .wmv fine, when I exchanged the new computer it would play the sound but not the video. I tried to change the file to a .avi but the same thing occurred.

The video works in windows media as well as real player.

I was unable to find the enhanced video option under preferences to try this route. Is this in the experiment editor?

Thanks

To add to this thread, the following link may help:
    http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=3442