Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Video won't play

Video won't play

Hi,
    The video I have in my stim folder won't play. It's an avi clip I converted from mov. It runs fine when I only play it in Windows Media Player. I've tried taking out underscores from the name, with and without file extension, but when I run direct RT it only shows me a blank screen (or white, depending on the style file).
    What's going on? Please help.

The next issue I need to figure out is how to record continuous and discrete joystick at the same time, but displaying the movie first would be nice. I want reaction time for one joystick button, but also continuous movement for the duration of the video.

The csv is attached and the avi should be there too.
    Thanks a million!

Ljubica
    Attached Files Attached Files

A couple quick questions.. First, what version of DirectRT (20xx.xx.xx) are you running, and on what version of Windows? Second, can you substitute some other video files with various formats and see if they all replicate the same result. Finally--try adding a space between the videofile and the parentheses--shouldn't matter, but just in case.

A quick afterthought here--also try the video trial(s) with rt:any (in the TIME column just to ensure that your joystick stuff is not having an impact on the video playback.

See also:
    http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=388
    Last edited by jarvis24; 03-22-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Hi Jarvis,
    Good news - I can see the video.
    Thanks!

The operating system is Windows XP Professional, 5.1, Build 2600 and the version of Direct RT is 2008 1.0.11.
    The joystick is Logitech extreme 3d pro.

Now for the hard part:
    I tried to record both continuous movement and discrete response time to the video using the joystick.
    What happens is that the data that this kind of command gives me ("rt:246, 245, joy-3500" in the time column) is not a key code in the resp column (but actually the highest number in the joystick output) and the screen disappears before the duration of the video is up. A sample data output and joystick file are attached. I guess the problem could be that the button I am trying to record rt for is also on the joystick and as soon as I go right (key codes 246, 245) the screen vanishes. Is there a way to get around this?
    What I want to achieve is to record the time when this right or right up button/key (246, 245) was first hit while also recording continuous joystick and playing the video in its' entirety. Possible?

If this cannot be done, how do I tell direct rt to record each time that several different "buttons" (sides, codes 245, 246, 251, 250) on the joystick were hit (w/o continuous movement)?

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Any luck so far?

Exploring Medialab options in the meantime.
    Ljubica