Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: error message (case 5108)

error message (case 5108)

I have created a study on my computer using Direct RT v2004. I know I should have just downloaded the new version before starting to design, but I didn't. Now when I try to play the experiment on my lab computers with v2010 on them I get an error that reads: "Trial range error: the range received could not be parsed. Please restart the application and use an acceptable range."

I have put in "all" to refer to the range I want played, but I am not sure it is talking about this.

Bonnie
    Last edited by jason_reed; 12-15-2015 at 09:22 AM.

What an odd error. A file created to run with the 2004 version should have no problem being run in 2010. If you run the basic samples that come with DirectRT v2010, does the same thing happen?

trial range error

We have Direct RT v2010 installed on the computer. I ran a csv. file created for the v2004, and it ran perfectly.

I then copied some of the row information and created a new csv.file (we have MS office 2010 installed) to run a variation of the study- despite keeping all factors standard (such as the stimuli in the stim folder) the new csv. file did not run.

Out of sheet curiosity, I created the same new csv. file using MS Office 2007, and the file worked on Direct RT! Its an anecdotal finding; Not sure what could be the connection between the two, but its worth giving this route a shot if you are facing similar issues.