Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Right Clicking and Media

Right Clicking and Media

In two different studies that I've run I've had problems with MediaLab freezing when an experiment participant accidentally hits the right-click button on the mouse.

It typically happens when a media file of some sort (either audio, video, or a still picture) is completing and MediaLab is moving on to the question after. It does not happen every time but sometimes, when right-clicked at just the right moment, MediaLab will freeze and not allow you to move any farther. In addition, it will not allow the user to force the end of the experiment (Ctrl-Alt-Right Arrow). Typically I have to open up the task manager and shut down MediaLab that way, and I then lose all data for the participant.

Has anyone else encountered this? I've started using a single-button mouse, but if something like this happens again is there a way to at least salvage the data that has been collected up to that point?

Next time this happens, try left-clicking on the dark outer border of MediaLab. Sometimes navigational control can be passed to the Windows Media Player or Internet Explorer if a video or other media file is clicked on.. When this happens, the navigation keys in MediaLab can be re-activated by clicking on the border. If that doesn't help let me know.

Unfortunately when this happens there is no black border. The screen is just the default color MediaLab is during experiments. Everytime I try to left-click it "chimes" for lack of a better word. There's just no way to close it out without going to the task manager and forcing it to shut down.

Could you send me a copy of your exp and que files? To support@...