Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: how do I skip to the next trial with a click

how do I skip to the next trial with a click

Hi,
    I would like to let my subjects skip to the next trial whenever they want. What I plan to do is that once they feel they are ready to proceed to the next trial, they'll click on a hyperlink and they will be led to the next trial. The reason why I don't want them to click on "continue" to proceed to the next trial is because I cannot predefine when they want to exit. Is there a way to skip to the next trial regardless of how many questions are unanswered?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 01-11-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Not sure I understand. What is preventing them from continuing with the continue button whenever they like? Is this for a custom item?

Let's say there are questionnaire A & B in an experiment, each contains ten items. I would like to give subjects the right to decide how many questions they are willing to answer in each questionnaire. If subject one decides to only answer the first five questions in questionnaire A, is there a way to let him/her skip the rest five questions in questionnaire A, and then direct the subject to the first question in questionnaire B? Thank you.

This is exactly what I am trying to do in a study I am designing. Did you figure out how to let the participant "skip" to the next section and bypass other questions in that section of the study?

Is there a way to insert a "Self-Skip" button the participant can click on? Can't use the "skip to" value here because I want the participant to decide when he/she moves on to the next section.
    Last edited by crejohnson; 04-12-2011 at 07:09 PM.