Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Methods for seniors / elderly subjects

Methods for seniors / elderly subjects

[edited from support email]
    Thanks for the reply. I am interested in tesing the performance in the elderly. With the wide ranges of subjects, reaction time, balance, agility are mainly concerned for those above 70 yrs. CVS, respiration and muscle function are tested in those below 70. What do you recommend?

DirectRT can interface with many types of hardware and external devices through the use of signals that travel back and forth through the printer port (using "TTL" signals). As far as what kind of hardware you use, that would be up to you. I would suggest taking a look at some of the existing research and see what kind of devices are used. We can then talk about how you might be able to use them with DirectRT (e.g., I'm talking here about how you might measure balance and agility). Reaction time with button boxes is no problem at all--we sell button boxes that are already setup to use. We can also make special boxes for you if need be (e.g., with great big buttons that light up and such).
    -Blair