Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Problem calling second DirectRT file from MediaLab

Problem calling second DirectRT file from MediaLab

I am running an experiment using MediaLab (v. 2006.2.40). At two points during the experiment, I call DirectRT files. I have been working on the program for a couple of weeks now and have not any problems with either of the DirectRT files. However recently the second file has been causing me trouble, i.e., MediaLab will no longer call the DirectRT file. I simply get a pale purple screen with a black bar across the bottom, then the program refuses to progress and I have to exit using the Task Manager. I went back and tried to call the file directly through DirectRT but now that also refuses to run the file and I have been either getting a message that reads: "there is another instance of executeDRT still running" or it simply freezes.

I have read some responses to similar problems but neither adding a parameter (e.g., d5) in MediaLab nor officially exiting Microsoft Access is helping me.
    Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Check this out and see if it helps (i.e., with regard to inserting an instruction screen between back to back DirectRT sessions:

http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=525

Hi Blair,

Thanks for the prompt reply. There are instructions between the DirectRT files so that is not the problem that I am having. Like some other people, I see a temporary file of another ".que" from my experiment that looks like it has been opened using Access in the folder. Thought this looked more like the Access problem, but exiting that program did not work for me like it did for the other user. Have you figured out a solution for that problem?

Is this reliable enough now that it happens every time on this machine? i.e., freezing on the blue screen when the second DirectRT session is called? If so, could you post a simplified zipped version of the experiment--i.e., simplified in the sense that it's a copy but reduced down to the minimal content required to reproduce the error? I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what could be up. You could also try this yourself--i.e., make a copy of the experiment and in that copy--eliminate everything except for the que that calls the two DirectRT files. Then run that que on its own, perhaps even eliminating all but a few questions that precede and follow the DirectRT components. See if you get the same result. If so, please let me know. If not, then you can gradually add the components you took away and try to find the point at which the problem recurs.