Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Running DirectRT as non-admin

Running DirectRT as non-admin

From my understanding, DirectRT (for the most part) works fine when run by a user account that's only a member of "Users" on a Windows PC. However, we've recently discovered that if we try to do a TTL I/O test, it shows the attached errors. If it's run under an administrator account, the ports show up fine. I'm not sure if this is a DirectRT thing or a Windows thing. Either way, I tried setting up a runas script that would launch DirectRT as an admin account, but still had the TTL screen error. The runas script:

Code:
    runas /user:admin C:\DirectRT\directRT.exe
    Assuming the script worked, I was going to pass the /savecred flag, run it once as admin, then it would be good to go.

Any input on why this isn't working would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Having the same problem!

I am having the same problem on my PC. This one is running Windows XP SP3 with all the latest updates, DirectRT version 2008.1.0.11. We never switch the port for any other use. There isn't much other software on the PC and I just use the standard Windows firewall and Sophos anti-virus. The PC is on a domain but both the administrator and limited user accounts are local. If you find a solution will you please post it here? Thanks so much!

DirectRT v2010 may change this at some point, but for now, I believe you may need admin rights in order to send/receive TTL signals under some circumstances. See also:
    http://support.empirisoft.com/showthread.php?p=4186

Thanks

Hi Jarvis,

Thank you for your reply. It is disappointing that this does not work, but I hope you will consider it as an enhancement for the next version.