Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Errors Running DirectRT beta in Windows 7 (case 458)

Errors Running DirectRT beta in Windows 7 (case 458)

I recently switched to a Windows 7 machine and got DirectRT beta after the XP machine I was using crashed several times. When I installed the software I choose the 2008 version as instructed. Now I get a couple of error messages (see attached) when I try to run my go-no go task. I am on a time crunch as I already have study participants scheduled to come in and have no other computer to run them on... please help!
    Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jason_reed; 11-17-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Let's see --

What version are you running?
    Could you post a copy of the input file that is causing problems?

I'm running DirectRT 2008.121.720.10
    Attached is a copy of the input file, which ran fine on the old computer and on currently another computer, both of which run 2008.1.0.15.

Just in case I had a corrupted input file from my old computer (which I switched to my new computer) I have just replaced it with the backup input file I have (attached) and now I get a whole different set of errors (see attached).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ah, thank you for uploading your input file -- we've been able to locate where the bug may be arising from.

We'll do our best to get you an updated build to install and use on Friday.

If your experiment uses a custom style file, could you also attach it here?
    Thank you!

- Trevor

Thanks so much!
    Attached is the styles file. I wrote it a long time ago but I'm pretty sure I made changes to the default.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The next build is ready.
    To install, try the following:

1. Right-click the DirectRT desktop icon and select 'Run as Administrator' from the menu that opens. This will launch the software with administrative privileges.
    2. Once DirectRT has opened, press F12 to begin the update process.
    3. After the update process has completed, your version should read: 2010.124.820.10 .

We look forward to hearing back from you; hopefully this build is able to address the issues that have arisen.
    Last edited by Trevor Newell; 08-20-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Thanks! This fixed my problems and my task runs great now.

The only thing problem with the fix was that the line spacing for my instruction screens was weird. I assume this had some thing to do with a change in the way the styles read. I had to change the number of line breaks between sentences because they were overlapping. It also appears that the text does not start at the top of the screen even though I have no line breaks at the top of the instructions now. The text seems it starts near the middle/bottom, but everything fits (the starting point of the text moves up as there is more text) now that I fixed the sentence overlap.

New Problem

I am running on this exact same set up... and if I enter an ID number above 32767 it always attempts to make the participant's ID number 32767. Can I do something about this? It seems like a weird limit.
    Last edited by neurochest; 04-03-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neurochest View Post
    I am running on this exact same set up... and if I enter an ID number above 32767 it always attempts to make the participant's ID number 32767. Can I do something about this? It seems like a weird limit.
    So I now realize that this is the largest short integer that can be represented by the programming language used for Directrt... is there any way to set the SubjectID to take long integers?

Regarding the 32k subject ID limitation, please see the final post here:

http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=239

Are you using a more recent version than that? It should certainly be fixed in DirectRT versions 2010.3 and later. But please let me know if you are finding that NOT to be the case!