Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: executedrt not responding - unable to run complete input file

executedrt not responding - unable to run complete input file

I have been trying to run a DirectRT input file with about 200 trials (in 3 blocks) but the computer freezes and the task list shows Execute DirectRT is not responding. I tried breaking up the file into 3 separate sub-files of 1 block each, and embedded them in a medialab questionnaire file separating each of the files with an instruction item (so that medialab would take control after every block was completed). It worked for the first two blocks but the computer froze again before the third block. Rebooting the computer does not help. I am running DirectRT 2008. Please suggest some solution - this is the first time I am facing this problem.

Few quick questions--does it reliably do this, i.e., every time, same place? Does it replicate across machines? If you switch the order of the three input files that you are executing through MediaLab, does it still wait for the third to freeze? And finally, if you are able to pin it down to one input file or another--does it freeze when running on its own with DirectRT--i.e., out of the context of MediaLab?

Actually one other question--what specific version of v2008 are you using, i.e., v2008.x.y?

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis24 View Post
    Few quick questions--does it reliably do this, i.e., every time, same place? Does it replicate across machines? If you switch the order of the three input files that you are executing through MediaLab, does it still wait for the third to freeze? And finally, if you are able to pin it down to one input file or another--does it freeze when running on its own with DirectRT--i.e., out of the context of MediaLab?
    Yes, it does so reliably. Here is what I have noticed. If I reboot the computer and run the que file with the three input files, the first two work. The order does not matter because I have randomized the order of input files. If I exit medialab and DirectRT and then run the que file again, nothing works. It seems as though there is some hidden file that is blocking the re-instantiation of the program. I tried running the program on a different computer that has the Vista version of DirectRT, but that too gave the same problem.
    I have tried running each input file separately on DirectRT - again, if I reboot the computer, it works, but everytime I exit the program and try to run it again, it freezes.
    I have DirectRT v 2008.1.0.13

I sent the input files and stimuli via email a couple of days ago. I would appreciate it if you could take a look at them and let me know if there is something wrong with the input file that could be causing this problem. I am at wit's end!