Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Strange Error during CRM

Strange Error during CRM

Hello--

I'm working on collecting continuous response ratings (online rating) of video clips. I started data collection today and had several people run through the protocol just fine. The last subject that used that computer received the attached error message, something about an error report, during one of the CRM video clips. I haven't ever seen an error message like it, in fact it seems less like an error message and more like just an information window about error reports. I'm using that computer as a last resort so I can continue data collection for the time being. Any advice or knowledge on the topic is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Never seen this before--what version of Windows (incl. service pack) are you using? I tried googling the error text (see link below) and it seems like it comes up for various applications but didn't find a reliable generic explanation or solution. This is the search link I used--let me know please if you find something useful or if the problem happens again.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=%22th...ion&fp=1&cad=b

PS., for those searching the forum for this, the text of the error is:

Error signature
    AppName: medialab.exe AppVer: 2006.0.2.40 ModName: unknown
    ModNver: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000

Reporting details

This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Internet
    Explorer when the problem occurred: the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer.

We do not intentionally collect your files, name, address, email address or any other form of personally identifiable information. However, the error report could contain customer-specific information such as data from open files. While this information could potentially be used to determine your identity, if present, it will not be used.

The data that we collect will only be used to fix the problem. If more information is available, we will tell you when you report the problem. This error report will be sent using a secure connection to a database with limited access and will not be used for marketing purposes. To view technical information about the error report, click here. To see our data collection policy on the web, click here.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 03-23-2010 at 10:02 AM.