Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Changing Font color of single item in text stream

I am using a cvs file as an input file. I have a series of sentences that are presented separately. What I need to do is be able to change the font color of a specific single word (unique) in each sentence. I do not not see a way to do this. I only can see a way to change the color/style of the entire sentence, not of a single word in that sentence.

The alternitive is creating a separate text or bitmap file for every single line of text. Any help could save hours of work.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 03-01-2010 at 05:37 AM.

See if this helps, it's from the section in the user's guide on changing fonts and colors within text files that are presented as stimuli:

See also: www.empirisoft.com/directrt/help/directrt_stim.htm

...you can embed style codes within a single text file for multiple font and colour formats. In the example below, different styles are used for the question wording (style 1), responses (style 2), and page footer (style 3). You can also place style codes in the middle of a line of text (e.g., to change the color or italics of a font). If you do use multiple style within a text file, DirectRT will use the first background colour it encounters (i.e., additional styles will not change the initial screen colour). Text files will always be located starting from the top left corner of the screen. Left and top margins are achieved with spaces and hard returns, respectively.

Casey,
    I'm interested to know if you found a way of doing this. I see that the suggestion of using style codes would not work since you need a single word in a sentence in a different color. I have a similar situation and wanted to know whether you found a way of doing this that did not include doing several bmp files.

thanks!

-Maria

I also tried notepad files and they don't work

Hi Maria!

I wish that I had good news for you. To think something so simple as changing the font color of one word in a sentence could turn out to be such an ordeal! But, it was. We ended up having to do text files...hundreds of them! I am away from the program right now, but you have to assign the style code for the font color directly before the word you want changed and then the style code for the rest of the sentence directly following that word. We did this via direct rt. How did you do your text files?

Quote Originally Posted by mbeatriz View Post
    Casey,
    I'm interested to know if you found a way of doing this. I see that the suggestion of using style codes would not work since you need a single word in a sentence in a different color. I have a similar situation and wanted to know whether you found a way of doing this that did not include doing several bmp files.

thanks!

-Maria

I also tried notepad files and they don't work