Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: HTML under different resolutions

HTML under different resolutions

I came across a problem when I created html formats to have bolding and underlining. When I moved to a computer that used a different resolution, the scales and text in media lab adjusted, however the text in the html did not! The html ended up getting cut off because it was now too big! I discovered an easy way around this - changing the resolution of the computer! - however an idea if possible for future versions would be to have the html adjust to different resolutions!

Hi Jessica,

Yes, this is a known issue. HTML is displayed as you would normally see it in Internet Explorer--it's not subject to the same automatic resizing as other MediaLab visuals. The exception is Custom Items, where you can embed special codes in your HTML that MediaLab will see and replace with values from the session. Note, this requires MediaLab v2006.2.10 or later.

For example, in the HTML for your custom item, you could say:
    Code:
    <body bground="blue">
    <font face ="arial" size="15pt">This is some text.</font>
    </body>
    Or you could have MediaLab fill in the values for you:
    Code:
    <body bground="<ml.bgcolor>">
    <font face ="<ml.font>" size="<ml.fontsize">This is some text.</font>
    </body>
    See http://www.empirisoft.com/medialab/h...stom_items.htm

I found a code snippet today that might help here. You can add a line to your HTML file that will automatically resize the entire screen to mimick a particular resolution. If you set the width to, say 800, then the content will always appear as if you were viewing it at an 800x600 resolution--even if you are running at 1920x1200. One downside is that the quality is not top notch especially for images. But it's a quick soltuion if you are in a pinch. In a text editor, just add the following script content somewhere after the <BODY> tag of your HTML document.

Code:
    <SCRIPT>
    window.onload = document.body.style.zoom = screen.width / 800
    </SCRIPT>
    Example:
    Code:
    <BODY>
    <SCRIPT>
    window.onload = document.body.style.zoom = screen.width / 1024
    </SCRIPT>
    Look how big I can get!!
    </BODY>
    Note that where 800 and 1024 are specified, you could indicate any number you like, with lower values making everything look bigger.