Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Inserting still images into video

Inserting still images into video

Hi,

I need to insert stimuli (still images) into a video. The still images will be shown for 30 milliseconds each. Is this possible with DirectRT? If so, how is this done? If not, any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Jenna

You could either break the movie up into chunks (separate movie files) and play them sequentially with the images inserted between clips. OR, edit the movies and then just play them in their entirety. The latter is easier I think. The former *may* be more more accurate if millisecond precision is critical. If you go the "split the clip" route, run a couple test trials first to ensure that your systems are capable of a smooth transition between the movie clips and the images. Just in case it's not obvious--you would alternate clip/image/clip/image etc. within the same trial. One issue you'll come up to (just thinking about this now) is that you will need to specify the length of the reduced video clips. If the specified time is too long, you will see a break before the image is displayed. If the time is too short, you will cut off the end of the clip as the 30ms image is displayed. v2010 might be able to address this more easily--I know we are working on transparencies and this might help here. Let me know if nothing above helps and I'll give it some more thought. If you are looking for an immediate solution, I'd just embed the images via your favourite video editor--just be sure to use one that gives you frame by frame and/or millisecond control over embedded images.