Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Ctrl-alt and right flips screen

Ctrl-alt and right flips screen

[edited from support email]
    It used to be that in Medialab you could hit ctrl-alt and right arrow, and that would jump you to the end of the study. I now find that all this does is flip the screen 90 degrees to the right. It is something about my settings or something in the software?
    Last edited by jarvis24; 09-07-2006 at 12:56 PM.

I'm guessing you have some new software installed for your monitor that has hotkeys programmed to rotate or flip the image. If so, you should be able to change the key combinations assigned for those functions. If not, then you may need to unload that program when you want access to those functions. If that doesn't account for the problem please let me know.

[other keywords: flipping]
    Last edited by jarvis24; 09-10-2007 at 03:02 PM.

[edited follow-up from a contributing user]

Hi Blair,
    Here are the steps that will delete these hot keys:
    • Click Start > Run.
    • Type regedit.exe and hit enter.
    • Navigate to the following key folder in regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
    • Then on the right side locate the igfxhkcmd name which contains the c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe data and delete this value.
    • You will then need to reboot.
    Feel free to post this as there are probably others out there looking for ways to use the Media Lab shortcuts and have been affected by these hot keys.

[moderator note: I'm wondering if this will work across multiple pivot software applications..?]
    Last edited by jarvis24; 12-06-2007 at 11:28 AM.

I am also having this problem. However, I couldn't locate igfxhkcmd in the registry. I also don't know how to access Hotkeys to change the setting. I am using WindowsXP on a Dell Latitude D630.

Never mind, I figured it out. I went into the Intel graphics driver in the control panel and disabled the hotkeys.

Thanks for the update dgprocess.